Types of Exchanges:
The exchange student travels abroad and attends school in the host country for a full year. The will have opportunities to participate in camps, meetings, and trips. They will be immersed in the language & culture of their host country. The student ambassador will be hosted by a local Rotary Club who will supervise the one to three host families they will live with.
The exchange student will spend part of summer in another country being hosted by a family with son or daughter of the same age as the student. When the student returns he or she will bring with them the host families son or daughter. Then they will host that student for a like period.
Rotary Clubs that are interested in sponsoring or hosting exchange students should email the YEO listed above.
Procedure for Applying for both programs:
- For Long-Term the pre-application must be submitted by October the year before you want to go on your exchange.
- For Short-Term the pre-application must be submitted in the January of the year in which you want to go on your exchange.”
Process to be accepted to participate:
- Pre-Application form received and sponsoring Rotary Club identified.
- Addition requested information completed and sent to YEO.
- Exchange Student interviewed by District Youth Exchange Committee
Process after being accepted:
- Application sent to countries the exchange wishes to travel to.
- Host Rotary Club in host country identified.
- Exchange Student attends mandatory orientations.
- Travel and Visa arrangements are completed for exchange student
- Exchange student travels to host country.