THE ROTARY FOUNDATION COMMITTEE
The district foundation committee is responsible for promoting all aspects of charitable giving to the Rotary Foundation. These include the permanent fund; major donors; the annual fund and polio eradication.
The district foundation committee is appointed by the district governor. The chair is appointed for a three-year period.
The purpose of the district foundation committee is to:
- Promote charitable giving to the Rotary Foundation;
- Develop and implement creative and innovative programs to increase the annual per capita contribution in the district to the Rotary Foundation;
- Increase awareness of, and participation in the final efforts to “End Polio Now”;
- Encourage participation in the Bequest Society of the Rotary Foundation;
- Solicit new major donors;
- Promote relations with alumni of the various Foundation programs.
The Rotary Foundation
The mission of The Rotary Foundation is to enable Rotarians to advance world understanding, goodwill, and peace through the improvement of health, the support of education, and the alleviation of poverty.
The Foundation is a not-for-profit corporation supported solely by voluntary contributions from Rotarians and friends of the Foundation who share its vision of a better world.
To realize their vision of a better world, Rotarians, through the programs of The Rotary Foundation, offer Humanitarian Grants, World Peace Fellowships, Global Grant Scholarships, and Vocational Training Teams. Rotarians and The Rotary Foundation also have led the fight to eradicate Polio from the face of the earth.